07 April 2007

Congratulations Dana and Josh!

Today I had the privilege of seeing one of my closet friends marry a wonderful man. Next to my own wedding, this was one of the most special ones I've been to. Dana and I have been friends since our freshman year of college where we became fast friends. She put up with a lot of me from spending a semester in Russia together to living with me afterwards for our last two years at Biola


From the moment I met Josh--well, actually from the time Dana first told me about him--I hoped and knew that he was "the one" for her. Only God could make such a perfect match. They seamlessly balance each other's strengths and weaknesses, both have a great sense of humor and its easy to see how much they love being with one another. Watching them grow together over the past few years and seeing their relationship strengthen has been so fun. I love seeing my dear friend be adored through Josh's eyes.

So, after an evening of pampering and fondue yesterday, today was the wedding that we've waited for. The wedding was at a beautiful site, Rancho Capistrano in San Juan Capistrano. Today was perfect...not too cold, not too hot. The ceremony was beautiful--outdoors over looking the pond-- and the reception was held in the Spanish courtyard. The couple was surrounded by friends and family who love them. It was lovely.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting photos. Goodness, I haven't seen Dana in years. She looks great--a beautiful bride, and just as it should be.

Thank for coming by during your journey south. It was so good to see you and Chung. E. is still talking about Chung, and when will he please come back? :) I think he thinks that Chung comes just to see him!

Rahime said...

Dana was a beautiful bride. It was a fun wedding.

It was so fun to see you all! I'm glad E. likes 'Chung so much. :) Grace and I were talking and think next time 'Chung and I come through we should plan it so she can come up and we can all hang out. Maybe sometime while we're down in the summer..we'll be coming down a few times, not sure when we'll drive or when we'll fly though.

Gracie said...

Hi Rahime! Thanks for posting these pictures! Do you think that you can send me pics that you have from the wedding to my gmail account as well? I would greatly appreciate it. :)

It was so much fun hanging out with you this past weekend.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Dana indeed is radiant, as are the bridesmaids (although I would never commit the crime of diminishing the attention and adoration due to the bride alone!) Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm glad everything turned out so beautiful. God is good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting those pictures, it made me so happy to see her! And you look beautiful, your hair is so long!