30 May 2007

Update

My, my, it has been a long time. Almost 2 months. A lot, of course, has happened in that time, including:

a visit from my mom,
friends Colleen and Eoin moving in as they get settled in the area after moving from New York,
joining a CSA,
three traveling young men staying for a week and painting our house,
the start of the "finals craze",
Colleen and Eoin moving out (and taking their very fun toys...like a Wii...with them),
more finals craze,
experiencing a Thai massage for the first time...wow,
Reading Fahrenheit 451, the rest of the Lemony Snicket series, and The Pearl
'Chung making progress on building the bookcases (I'll post pics. of those later)
being thoroughly exhausted by the finals craze,
and almost being done with another semester's work.

Lots coming up too:
graduation parties,
Torrey Berkeley dinner at W-house,
trip to OC for 10-year high school reunion (why, oh why did I agree to go to that??),
Torrey Berkeley dinner at our house (there are how many students this year? 45? Oh boy.),
making quilt for Ashley's baby,
trip to OC for Ashley's shower and Eric's 30th b'day party,
and it'll be July already.


Here are pictures of the house painting project. Unfortunately it's very hard to tell that there's been any change at all. I guess we'd gotten used to the color of the fiber cement siding and when it came time to pick paint colors our final choice ended up being slightly darker and more green than the unpainted siding, but very close. Its especially tough to see the color because it was so overcast when I took the pictures of the finished product. However, it does feel good to be one step closer to being "finished".

Before













During

















After



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you've been busy! You're putting me to shame.... Your house looks amazing. I can tell the subtle difference--it definitely looks better on the whole. Bravo!

Rahime said...

Thanks Kris, I'm looking forward to summer being a little more relaxed.