11 June 2007

Here's my new bookcase

'Chung built these for me, and there's another set on the other side of the room. They're about 11' tall and 14' wide and although they look like normal bookcases, they're actually trapezoidal because 'Chung needed to make the walls not parallel to each other. The side next to the ladder (on the right of the picture) is over 2 feet deep while the side by the chair is just about like a normal bookshelf--about 6" deep.



They're not actually finished, he still needs to trim and stain them, but we needed to see if all my books would fit or if he'd need to build more. I have a lot of books. Some day there will also be a shelf that goes across the loft and and the ladder will have a track to move across. Someday too, maybe 'Chung will have a place for his books to live.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just as beautiful as I dreamed it would be. Lucky girl! If we ever own our own home, 'Chung must come and teach us how it is done. We are becoming avid book collectors, and own four more books today than we did yesterday morning!

Jessica said...

The room looks beautiful! How did you get it clean and what did you do with all of the other stuff? >;P

Have a good time with the Torrey students tonight! I wish I could come.

Bar L. said...

Those are incredible!!! I love the window! I know I'd just die at your entire house. Tell Chung he's the man!!

Rahime said...

Thanks, I love them too.

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! We could definitely use something like that at our house. Maybe at the next one.... =)

Gracie said...

Lovely. Just lovely. Your place is so beautiful!