Book Swap

I just wanted to let you all know about something I just found that looks like fun: book swapping sites (like BookMooch and PaperbackSwap) where people can trade books they've read and get new ones. You list books you want to pass on to someone else and when someone requests it you mail it to them (via media mail). When they receive the book you get a credit added to your account (or sometimes two depending on the type of book) to use for books you want. You pay for postage when you send your book to someone else, but don't pay anything when you request books.
I think for me this'll be a good alternative to selling my used books on Amazon (where the commission usually eats up a lot of the profit). I joined last night and have already sent out one book and am receiving another.
What a great idea.
By the way, if you sign up on either PaperbackSwap or Frugal Reader, enter my email address rahime at gmail dot com as a referral, and I'll get a free credit. Thanks!!

No comments:
Post a Comment