18 April 2008

Another special baby blanket

'Chung's sister had a little girl, Calia, about a month ago. As far as her blanket goes, I'm really not on the ball on this one, but finally it got done, and just in time for her Red Egg and Ginger party tomorrow. This one was different than the others in several ways...the main one being that I didn't sew it myself. I had planned to, but when I realized that someone else could do it in about 12 hours fewer than it takes me (and for not too much money), it wasn't honestly a very difficult decision to make. I still haven't decided if I'll continue to do it this way or if I'll go back to assembling them myself in the future. Some aspects didn't turn out quite how I wanted them, but it looks good, and I think I'm just a little too much of a perfectionist.

We decided to go with a slightly more interesting design this time. We started with a purple paisley border and tried to draw out the green, yellow and white from it. We alternated fuzzy white squares with purple chenille ones that have green inset.


I must say, this is my favorite one yet. We also decided to do a mommy blanket to go with it using the same border, but some of the darker colors.


Wrap a ribbon around it.


Snuggle it in a basket with some new baby things.



And it's ready to go.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blanket, Rahime!
~Lauren