03 April 2008

Jessica's Wedding

Well, last Sunday brought a momentous occasion, my dear friend Jessica's wedding.


It was a beautiful wedding (which I hope to post a few more pictures of later...when they are developed, scanned, etc...our digital camera broke in Feb. and the new, fancy one came on Monday). So, here are the ones I have.


Much to the chagrin of some people (and the delight of others), Jessica had decided early on that she wanted an orange wedding.


A little later she settled on a butterfly theme (which reminds me, I HOPE I have some pictures of the butterflies hung in the reception hall...oh, so pretty).


Although she had originally planned to dress her bridal entourage in orange, this proved to be difficult, and ultimately it was decided that a more neutral brown would suffice.



Not one to hold rigidly to tradition, the stunning bride, on the arm of her beaming father, strode down the aisle to meet her groom to the beat of U2's Beautiful Day. She also opted to forgo the tradition of giving jewelry or some cutesy bauble to her bridesmaids, and instead chose something truly useful: monogrammed flasks.


The whole weekend was lovely, from the delicious little bistro where we had the bachelorette party, to the colossal portions at the Mexican restaurant where the rehearsal dinner was held, from the scrumptious wedding cake to the entertaining music selections at the reception and the father-daughter dance which had the whole room in tears.



Good times.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to mention how much I LOVE your new hair color and style! You went from a cute young woman to a beautiful young woman. Good move!

Anonymous said...

oh that was me,
Barbara

:)

Rahime said...

Thanks, Barbara.

My hairstylist (my BF from high school...she also does my mom and sisters' hair) was a little hard to convince about it. I usually let her do what she wants, which the past few years has meant long and blonde. It took some time to persuade her that I really did want red (which has mostly faded by now), and I think next time I'll try a little shorter.