01 July 2008

My Prrrecious...


Here's our latest craigslist purchase that I mentioned yesterday. As we were looking at it, and telling him it was exactly what we were looking for, the seller seemed to be having seller's remorse....but his wife wanted stainless, so we get lucky.


It's surprisingly clean for it's age (the sellers said it was in the house when they moved there in '99, so it's at least 9 yrs. old). I spent about an hour working on it total and got it in pretty good shape. Considering some of the ones we've seen in the past, which look like they have about 30 yrs. worth of layered food caked on, I was thrilled to get off so easily. I think the griddle needs a little more work and we'll need to re-season it. Other than that it's ready to go...now we just need a kitchen.


My favorite part: two cookie sheets fit side-to-side here in here.

2 comments:

Brandy Vencel said...

What a beauty! Now THAT is an oven. :)

I've been wanting to comment on your previous post, but my computer has lost not one, but two attempts at that. So I'll try it now: NICE PLANS! I will have to check that googleware out. Maybe it'll help us design our backyard when the time comes.

I look forward to following your remodel!

Rahime said...

Oh, that's frustrating. You've been having a lot of trouble with comments lately.

I'm hoping the plans will work. It'll probably be a while before we start the remodel...though we'd wanted to do it this summer.

I can't wait to see your new backyard one of these days!