Audrey Grace
My new niece was born this morning, July 4th 2007, at 9:15.
She weighs 6 lbs. 9 oz. (incidentally exactly the same weight as her mother when she was born) and is 19 inches long.
We had a busy day today going to Sacramento for 'Chung to play for a 4th celebration and then going to visit Jessica, her boyfriend and her family, so I haven't had a chance before now to post an update or pictures, but here they are.
It was tough being 400 miles away from my family today when my little sister is having her first daughter, but it was exciting nonetheless.
Last week Ashley's doctors recommended she have a C-section because the baby hadn't turned yet and was in a transverse position. They said they could try to manually turn her, but by that point there wasn't much room and they said it would not only be painful for Ashley, but would have a high risk of causing the umbilical cord to wrap around the baby. So, at her check up yesterday afternoon, Ashley's doctor recommended that she go ahead and schedule the C-section for today.
After the surgery, the newest member of the family (and her parents) had lots of visitors between the ecstatic new grandparents and aunt (if I can somehow get the picture Lauren sent me this morning out of my phone, I'll post it, 'cause it's a good one), nursing friends, and other loved ones and I think were pretty exhausted by the end of the day.
Oh, I can't wait until July 15th! She's a cutie!

3 comments:
WOW! Very exciting and what a doll!
Ashley looks great!
Cograts, Rahime!
What a beautiful baby. Congratulations all around!
Congrats Rahime! She is a beauty! I especially love her middle name! :) What a great 4th of July present!
Post a Comment