31 August 2007

Musings

So, have you ever not wanted to post on your blog because you just love the pictures on the last post so much you want to keep them on top?

Well, school is back in session for most everyone, and that means back to work for me. Though the summer was busy, it helped me to realize that I'll probably really enjoy retirement. Of course, I suppose I'll have to wait a few more decades for that. I am looking forward, though, to being home for a little while and having a wee bit of money again.

I've had a bit of a meltdown this week as I've realized that, in addition to a very full work schedule, every weekend until mid-October is packed full of fun. I had hoped that this would be the year that I could take an extra day off each week, but my clients and my checkbook say that's not to be. The wonderful thing, however, about being self-employed is that I do have that option...it's entirely my choice to work 5 days a week rather than 3 or 4...I do like that freedom. On the other hand, 'Chung, is already discovering the trouble that arise from Working for Someone Else. His boss is already complaining about 'Chung taking a long weekend (1 1/2 days off work) in October that 'Chung warned the boss about during his interview for the job. Ah well, we have seen other signs that this may not be a long term employment, but it's good for now.

I'm off today to watch my dear nephew, Miles. Have a beautiful day.


1 comment:

ChelseaForbidden said...

Umm, HI?

I was just looking around on this website and found something that you wrote about. && I'm in the same place that you were in, and i'm not sure what to do. I was wondering if you could give me some advie, or something.
It's actually a comment you left on someone else's blog.

" I think it can be real. My first love was when I was 14-almost 15. We only dated 6 months before bing dragged to opposite ends of the earth by our parents. I had several infatuations after that, but didn't fall in love again until I was in college 6 yrs. later. I think it was because--even though we weren't on the same continent--I hadn't really gotten over the first until years later. We're friends now, though we've never seen each other since. I've gotten to know his wife through email and love her to bits.

Good job to Keven for introducing her...that's a tough one.

March 23, 2008 8:43 PM "



I kinda have the same problem.
I was wondering if you could give me some advice.