Trips, Trips
Oh, boy this has been a busy summer. Our two week trip to OC turned into 3 for me. About a week into the trip my car decided to start leaking coolant. After a series of issues with the dealership sending the wrong parts, the mechanic not getting done when they anticipated, I finally had to put 'Chung on a plane home Tues. night to start his new job on Wed. (the 1st). Yes, new job. He's working now for Berkeley now doing an audio/visual/computer tech job for the Dean's office at the School of Engineering. I stuck around for a couple more days waiting on the car until finally I got the call that it was ready. Less than an hour out though I noticed a funny smell and eventually discovered that the fan had cut the newly replaced hose and the car was now spraying coolant everywhere. Another night in the shop and I was finally on my way home on Friday....only to turn around and come back today.
Despite the difficult time getting home, our "visiting Audrey" trip was lots of fun. In addition to visiting Audrey, we got to do a few other things for the first time, like going to the Orange County Fair (really fun...why have I never done that before?), the Sawdust festival, my father's wedding (yeah, it was ok...awkward, but ok), the opening show for a new Kendall Payne album (not my favorite), etc. and spent lots of good time with family and a few friends.
I spent the days at home doing some tutoring (ah, back to reality) and packing for this trip. I'm back in So. Cal. again (Ventura county this time) for a ladies shooting camp. The camp starts Sat. evening and runs through Tues. afternoon. I'm looking forward to it as it's going to be a small group (I think 8 total) with several of the country's top female competition shooters. I'll let you know how it goes.
P.S. Sorry no Audrey pics on this computer, but I'll add some when I can....probably next week.

2 comments:
Love your new template! I have always wanted a three-column blog.
Sorry about your car. If you ever break down near my place, I know a great mechanic. :)
Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out the layout.
Well, Ashley & Eric had a great mechanic, but he didn't work on VWs. The guy we found was great, but for some reason the dealership kept sending the wrong stuff...let me spend more time with Audrey though, so it was ok.
Post a Comment