Scrapbook
A few of you will remember waayyy back in 1999 when my dear friend Dana and I spent the Spring semester (actually, I remember it as winter, since we didn't see much spring) doing a study abroad in Russia.
Well, the time has Finally come for me to finish my scrapbook from that experience. This album has been hanging over my head for a very long time...actually, I even lost one friendship over it, but that's another story. Many of you have endeavored to arrange photographs in either an artistic or logical manner, but I suspect you are much more orderly about it than I am.
'Chung was working far, far away today, so I decided to pull out this project which I knew would result in our living room looking like it just been through a hurricane which left only chaos in its wake.
Try as I may (and I admit, this time I did not try very hard) I can not seem to do something like this without making a humongous mess. However, I did make progress. After eight long years, I have finally made progress (remind me never again to complain about the slow pace our house is being worked on).
Today I laid out every page, which was more difficult than I'd anticipated since a few of the pages were already done, but not as I would've done them now. As I went I made a mental list of things I still need; fortunately not much. Tomorrow, hopefully I'll get to Target to buy a few stickers and decorations, and figure out how to get our color printer working for a couple of things.
Result so far: I want to go back to Russia, and I realized that I remember almost no Russian language. I miss Russia. It also made me sorely miss my two dear Russian sisters whom I lived with during my time there. We've lost touch.

No comments:
Post a Comment