
Well, in order to maintain my recent trend of every post being dog-related, I figured I share some pictures from last weekend.

We've joined a local Great Dane meet up group and met some great people through it. This morning we went to one of the meetings where about 20 danes brought their owners....didn't bring the camera for that one though, these are from last week.
A few of the people we met through the group have puppies around Brembo's age (one of whom was Brembo's littermate), so last weekend we decided to get the pups together for a little mini meet-up. 
For this outing we got together with Brembo's sister, Bella, her brother, Sawyer and her mother, River (the couple who own River also kept Sawyer from Brembo's litter). Another Bella (the only fawn in the photos) and her owner also joined us.
Although she's getting better about it, Brembo's still sometimes a little intimidated by the size of full-grown Danes, so she tends to shy away from playing with them. She gravitates toward little dogs, so this puppy caught her interest.


Brembo particularly enjoyed tugging on Sawyer's ear tape, but she did share her toys with him too.


Eventually.


She's also learned to swim, and had a blast fetching her ball...until she decided to stop bringing it back. Bella only went in once, but was fascinated to watch.


Just about as people-loving as Brembo, Sawyer came up to get hugs.


7 comments:
What a great dog!
I'm curious: why the ear tape?
Thanks!
Good question. Certain breeds, like Danes, Boxers, Dobermans, many terriers, etc. traditionally have pointy ears that stand up. This does not occur naturally in these breeds (as it does in German Shepherds and Huskies), but rather the ears must be cropped (surgically cut) and then trained to stand while they heal (by using tape and various other implements to make them stay). Taping the ears is done after the ears have healed until they stand on their own--sometimes up to six months after cropping. We didn't have Brembo's ears cropped (b/c we didn't think cosmetic surgery necessary for our puppy), but the 4 in her litter whose owners intended to show them were cropped because it's much more difficult for natural eared Great Danes to win than it is for cropped Danes. (Although Brembo's mother has a championship title and was uncropped.)
OHHHHHHHHH This was so fun! Thanks for sharing. She's getting so big (how silly to say about a Dane...no kidding!!!).
She is so sweet, Rahime. I am glad you did not have her ears done!
I'm amazed every day at how big she's getting...not because I don't want her to get big, but rather because it's happening so FAST!!! She's up to about 100 lbs.
That's how I feel about our ducklings. They were little tiny cute things less than a month ago, and now they are full grown except for having all their feathers in! I forget things grow so fast. Baby humans take quite a long time...
How fun! We had a local Great Dane Day and it was so much fun to see all the Danes together! She is so adorable! And getting big!!! Diesel was as big as all the full grown Danes and at 130# and 34" at the shoulder at only 8 months he is definitely going to be our biggest! Looks like you guys had a blast!
Diesel looks like he's going to be a very big boy. Around here there are a lot of pretty small Danes (rescues, I think), so at our local Dane meetup she was one of the bigger dog (there were several full grown males bigger than her, but she was definitely one of the biggest females). She's almost 8 months now. Turbo's so cute!!! I'd love to get a fawnequin some day.
Post a Comment