Minnesota Days 6-7
So far, every day of our road trip has been great...and I am about 2 weeks behind on these updates. I'll try to catch up in the next few days.
We arrived in Minneapolis in the late afternoon and had a delicious home-cooked (something we were longing for by this point) meal and a lovely night with a friend of 'Chung's from years ago, her husband and their six month old Bernese Mountain dog, Rupert.
Brembo and Rupert had so much fun wrestling and playing with each other.
They completely wore one another out coming back again and again to tug on this rawhide (yes, there were more than one available, they didn't have to "share").
'Chung and I enjoyed spending time with this family so much...I'm already hoping to come back. On Rupert's mom's recommendation, we spent Thursday wandering around some of the charming lakes and delightful shops (and eating the yummy ice cream) of the Twin Cities. We also did a little "house shopping", one of my favorite pasttimes in any city we visit. It was altogether a very pleasant, unhurried afternoon. Thursday evening we visited another family, again, a friend I'd not seen in about 10 years.
After another scrumptious home-cooked meal (sweet corn, potatoes and beer can chicken, all mouthwateringly grilled), we got on the road and headed to Madison, Wisconsin where we spent a few hours sleeping before getting back on the road and heading to South Bend, IN to visit a dear family for lunch.

2 comments:
Brembo has a new best friend! I love it! I love Berne's they are so sweet! I'm glad your trip is continuing to be memorable and fun!
He was a sweetie!
Post a Comment