The List Update
Shockingly, amazingly, I've started to make some progress on my List for the year.
1. I wanted to catalog my library. I've made a hugely helpful discovery that will allow me do this much less painfully: an android app that will allow me to use my phone's camera to scan book's ISBN numbers (if they have a scannable barcode). I use the program to scan the barcode of each book, and the app then searches for the book's details and upload it to a list. Then, all I have to do is export the list as a CSV file and upload it to goodreads. When I found this, I also stumbled upon a similar app for Paperback Swap which will check to see if any members are wishing for a particular book. This will help me immensely when I am checking out the Friend's of the Library bookstore for almost-free books to swap.
I've only made a tiny dent in the actual scanning, but it's great to be able to do one shelf at a time.
2. Haven't made much progress on the reading list or even coming up with a good way to track what books I read/listen to.
I still haven't progressed beyond Chapter 1 of 10 Ways to Destroy the Imagination of Your Child. I had Marilynne Robinson's Housekeeping on the list, but found an audio copy of Home at the library, and just finished it. Housekeeping is on hold at the library for me to pick up today, so I should be starting that soon.
3. Organizing the house is another area in which I've made a few baby steps (though, honestly, they feel like gigantic ones). I have a friend who came over last week and helped me to make some progress organizing a few rooms. She also went with me to Ikea (where I said I'd never buy furniture again...) and helped me get some shelving to store some of our excess stuff. It is probably a temporary fix because I really would love to stick with Nice, permanent furniture, but I didn't want to wait patiently for the perfect piece any more.
4. Oooh, I found a doctor, and actually went to see him. Ran a handful of tests, and have a follow up visit soon. Baby steps.
9. As seen in the last post, I've been doing the 52 weeks of Pets photo challenge. I ran into a bump with week 5 and still haven't completed it. The theme was Temptation, and I couldn't think of anything to take. I think I'm going to just have to take a toy or food picture. This week's theme is Portrait, and I should be better able to accomplish that. I've already asked for 'Chung's help.

No comments:
Post a Comment