Zhar-Ptitsa

Жар-Птица. Zhar-Ptitsa. Firebird. Its the Russian version of the Chinese Feng-huang or Egyptian Bennu: the Phoenix. The Firebird has always fascinated me...mostly because of its beauty. When I was in Russia my favorite purchase was a lacquer box (not exactly like this one, but similar) depicting the story of the radiant bird.
Later I read the story and learned of its historic mythological symbolism. It is a symbol of "resurrection, immortality, triumph over adversity, and that which rises out of the ashes....rebirth, hope, purity, chastity, marriage, faith, constancy, summer, eternity, immortality, and light."

4 comments:
Hi Rahime! Welcome to the world of blogging! Don't you just love it?! Well, I wanted to let you know that I was actually thinking of you the other day and wanting to ask Dana how you guys were and then Brandy announced that you have your own blog! It was perfect timing! How are you? How's the house coming along? Hope to hear from you soon!
Grace =)
Hey Rahime! Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm so excited that you've started one because I was just thinking about you guys the other day. I ask Dana about you guys all the time and I was going to ask her again for an update. I guess I should have just sent you an email. =)
How's the house coming along? How's life?
Hope to hear from you soon!
Grace
Hey Grace! Nice to hear from you. How're you doing? Things are going well here. Busy. Lots of tutoring...lots of working on house. :)
Hey Rahime! Wow, your house looks so gorgeous. I may just have to come for a visit! =)
Things are going. I am currently in Taiwan visiting my parents. Once I get back, I will have to start looking for a new job and all. But for the time being, I'm enjoying being taken care of. =)
Post a Comment