08 February 2006

This Old/New House Part 4

Well, we had a productive weekend. We put grass in the front yard (yep, for those of you who have been here, that means no more "blue" grass, now we blend in with the neighbors) and we replaced the front door and installed 2 of the doors in the addition--one of the guys who came to help us said we tripled the curb appeal with the grass and new front door (I think maybe more...it was pretty bad). After doing the yard for the wedding, putting in the sod was a job I was DREADING...it turned out that it wasn't so bad. I wondered why I'd been so loath to tackling the chore and remembered that the yard in Menlo Park for the wedding was about 10 times this size.


Maybe now our neighbors won't hate us anymore for bringing down the neighborhood, though there's still quite a bit of work to do. Now's when I wish I had before and after pictures, but I think I'd cut the front yard out of all of them.


I'm planning to plant some roses and hydrangeas in front of the house on both sides of the door. Maybe some lavender and rosemary too.


An unfortunate result of so much progress is that I started the work-week completely wiped out...11 hours of tutoring on Sunday didn't help either. Such is life...especially with fibro....but that's one reason I haven't blogged recently. However, I'm done with day three and very much looking forward to a rest (and visiting with Lidia and her friend) on Friday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house is enchanting-- do you think it could ever be "the house of dreams?" =)

Gracie said...

Wow Rahime. The house looks gorgeous! I think that once you are done, we will need to have a little "reunion/housewarming" party at your place! =)

Rahime said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rahime said...

Thanks! Grace, we would love to have a little reunion party. That'd be fun. We're going to test in about two weeks how many people we can sleep since my family and several of our other friends will be coming up.

Kristie, Wow, a quote I know! I am so flattered by even the hint of comparison. I don't know if it could ever be as enchanting as Anne's house. Actually, I have been thinking that the house should soon have a name. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Rahime, I know I've said it before, but it is so inspiring to watch you and 'Chung work with your hands and then see how beautiful is the result.

"Give her of the fruit of her hands, And let her own works praise her in the gates." (Proverbs 31:31)

Anonymous said...

That looks so good! I can't get over the difference.