11 March 2006

Weird Weather

Well, I'm getting a bit weary of the winter rains these days, but on a couple occasions this week we've had some very unusual (for here) occurrences in the weather which has spiced things up a bit...it's gotten just cold enough for (huge) hail, and a wee bit of snow. Yes, snow. Now, as far as I know not much of it has stuck, and it's mostly in the hills, and some in SF, but strange still.

The fun part is watching kids in the city, many of whom have never seen snow, get to sled down their streets and make snowballs. The bad part is the astonishing number of accidents it causes. I guess its because people here aren't used to driving in weather (though common sense, I would think, would tell you to slow down), but people are having accidents all over the place, and common sense hasn't seemed to kick in. I'm sort of dreading going out tomorrow as a result--it's supposed to keep raining all week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've had weird weather too! I think it's the whole state...Hope your day out and about was safe!