House Part 5
Here are some more pictures for those who have asked. This week 'Chung has been building bookcases and starting on the trim. We are planning to put this trim around the windows and doors. We haven't decided about the skirt under the window sill yet.


The bookshelves are started...this one is built around the window and he's planning to add another unit on top of it. There will be a climbing wall next to it (on the right in the picture).
This one's on the opposite wall. It'll be a full-wall bookcase when we're done, so this is only the first section. I think they'll both look prettier when the shelves are on and they're full of books. :) They're angled to help with acoustics for the studio.

Here's one more of the finished stairs.

3 comments:
I must say that reading all these posts gives me the decorating itch! Makes me want my very own house to play with...
So I must ask you, where does 'Chung learn all of this? Say we wanted to build a big bookcase like that someday...is there a "best resource" on your list I could get the name of?
By the way, the stairs are beautiful...
Well, the thing about 'Chung is, he has a tendancy to draw from many resources. A lot of it has come out of his head...I think that's the case with the bookcase. He sometimes reads books on how to do stuff, but mostly it's from the internet. He's been able to find a forum about just about everything. For example, when he needed to find a source for the trim and the floor finish he's asked people on a woodworking forum. When he needed to learn how to put in the water heater he found it online. I think the electrical came from a book.
Ahh...the beauty of the internet. I was momentarily forgetting it. =)
Post a Comment