Brembo's growing
After a very busy holiday, not much has been happening around here in the last few weeks. Our little pup is quickly growing in to a medium-sized puppy. We've had her for 6 weeks now and she's grown from 15 to 40 pounds in that time. Although we haven't taken as many pictures as I would have liked, it's fun to look back every now and then and see her change. I think since half of my last 6 posts (since we found out about getting Brembo) have been about the puppy, I'm officially Those People (you know the ones...they have nothing to talk about but their "adorable" pet). Maybe I should run out and buy a brag book so I can have photo documentation of her whole life at my fingertips at all times. What can I say? I do realize that not everyone thinks my dog is the cutest, most wonderful thing they've ever seen. 'Chung's mom, for example: not terribly fond of the idea of a puppy, much less the actual manifestation of one in all of its squiggly, smelly self. If you are one of those who doesn't care for the detailed chronicle of my puppy's life, best skip this post. Better yet--at the rate I'm going--come back in 6 months. I'm sure by then I'll have something else to talk about. Without further ado:
A week later she's gone from 15 to almost 20 pounds and we had our first little paranoid-puppy-parents health scare. Her leg bones were growing so fast that the tendons couldn't keep up (or so that's what we were told by the all-knowing internet) and her front legs started bowing in.
Dec. 29th. The holidays were a pretty busy time for little Brembo. Between going to OC for Christmas and then having family come up for New Years, she got lots of attention. She also had her second bout of leg-bowing, or "knuckling-over".
Jan 4, our house had settled down again with almost everyone going home.By now Brembo was up to 33 pounds and her legs seemed to have straightened up.
Yesterday, 40 pounds, and soooo tall. Brembo's had 3 of her 5 first puppy kindergarten classes. She's such a good dog (so far, I hear the adolescent months--or year for Danes--is much more difficult. A little slow to learn, but overall very willing to do what she's asked once she figures out what that is.

Like most puppies, Brembo loves to chew. She got a bunch of toys for Christmas and my birthday, and has so far pretty much avoided chewing things she's not allowed to....with the exception of a flip-flop or two.

6 comments:
I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH SHE'S GROWN!
Yes, get a brag book, yes take more photos, yes post them ALL here (or start a Picasa album and link to it here).
I will never tire of puppy/dog photos. She's growing SO FAST!
Barbara
Barbara, yeah. She's gotten big. Picasa album's a good idea. :)
I guess I'm really nutty. I show off pictures of Brembo to my co-workers & friends all the time!! :)
She's SO big now Rahime!!
Love ya!
Lauren
She looks just like my Roxy did when she was a pup! And she's big for a girl just like my Roxy. Diesel is going to be a big boy too! I love all the pics...keep the coming!! :)
She is just so cute! I would love to see some more pics of her now! I hope everything is still going well...aren't they just the BEST dogs ever!!!! :D
I know I need to post some new ones!
She's great!
Post a Comment