Baby Blanket Part 2
Well, here's a quick update. I decided to go with 5" squares, so I cut them to 5.5 x 5.5 to allow for a 1/4 inch seam allowance. I changed the fabrics 'cause I just couldn't get the original ones to work quite right.
I decided to keep the striped green chenille and the pale yellow minky (really can't give up that) and decided to try another fabric which I LOVE, but didn't think it'd work since it's white. It's called a minky swirl, and it's so silky, soft and fluffy it's amazing. The darker green just didn't look right, so I decided to go for a wavy green (just like the ivory one, but the same color as the green stripe) and since I was using white I decided against the ivory.
I think having two textures of the same color tones it down a little, and the white didn't look as stark as I thought it might. Last night I finished piecing the rows together in strips then joining the strips together. Today I'm going to first add the border, then the back. Maybe I'll actually finish this weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment