More Road Trippin' (Days 2-3)
Well, even with internet access in the car with us, it's been a challenge trying to find time to blog. 
After spending Fri. night in NV, we headed up to Driggs, Idaho (beautiful), where we spent a pretty uneventful though relaxing Saturday night before heading into Yellowstone National Park on Sunday.

Actually, we passed through Grand Teton National Park first.



We only had the day in Yellowstone, and to enable us to get a little farther down the road we'd planned to spend some time driving after visiting the park, so it felt like we just barely got a taste of it, but all things considered, we had a pretty relaxing day there. It was gorgeous. I wish I could have spent a week there. Brembo got to visit with a couple of very well-behaved boxers (this boy and his sister) while we waited for Old Faithful to errupt.
After checking out Old Faithful and some of the other geysers, we drove around to some of the hot springs and admired some of the breathtaking scenery created around these geothermal features. I can't really think of anything like it. It was beautiful both on the macro level and the micro.



'Chung thought some of it looked like a cross between his favorite National Park, Yosemite, and Mordor. :)
We'd gone through most of the day without seeing any wildlife, understandably given the heat of the afternoon, but towards late afternoon-early evening, we started seeing animals emerge from hiding. We saw an elk buck and later passed a river where a huge crowd of people was watching some bears fishing. We didn't stop for the bear since we didn't have binoculars or an appropriate zoom lens, but shortly after we started passing bison. Really close to the road.
As we left the park we tried to catch a few more sights. 
We almost didn't stop at these falls because we'd seen a few places labeled on the map as falls which turned out to be disappointing (either a long hike--puppy can't take b/c of park rules....she got one death threat during the day from someone angry that we had her out of the car) or not actually falls. A last minute decision to try again was well worth it.
On our way out of the park it was starting to get dark, but we saw just enough of the "rest of Wyoming" to wish we didn't have to drive 5 hrs. of it in the dark.


That night we got in late to Sheridan, WY and got out early the next morning to head to...
More about that when I get time.

5 comments:
Goodness- what a beautiful area! Keep posting more!
I love Yellowstone! Beautiful pictures!!! Brembo looks like she is totally relaxed and having fun too. Looks like a great trip so far! Drive safe. :)
Thanks! Yeah, Brembo's doing great on the trip. She's a little confused, I think...might think her people are a bit crazy, but she's putting up with it well.
I am so jealous. I wish I was with you! I think I want to live in Idaho...or Wyoming. And who is the HUGE Dane? I can't believe how big she's gotten!!!! I am so glad you are doing this trip and blogging it for us to enjoy!!!!
She is huge now, isn't she? I think I could live there too...Wyoming, South Dakota, Wisconsin...
Post a Comment